Friday 31 January 2020

Funky Succulents

I finished this piece some time ago with the then-upcoming 3D workshop in mind, now the workshop is finished (and a great day all in all!) it's about time to publish it.


It is really a variation of the Succulents Sampler, with most of the plants the same, but just a different idea for layout, giving each little character more space to shine (and a brighter pot).

The Cactus:


The Echeveria:


The Aloe:


And the Fern:


As the aim here was not to use a different technique for each, the aloe is made in the same way as the echeveria and, because it was not covered in my workshop, I will be posting a tutorial on it shortly, watch this space.

I wrote about the background and quilting of it earlier here.

I really love how bright and funny they turned out, but to appreciate the 3D nature of them you really need to see them in person, it's hard to judge in the photos. Let's try to look at them from different angles:



Hope that adds a little bit of brightness to your day, especially if it's winter where you are.

Linking up to:
Off the Wall Friday at Creations by Nina-Marie

Can I get a Whoop Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

3 comments:

  1. I love your evergreen succulents. But honestly love is an understatement. Jaw-dropping and awe-inspiring is more like it. I hope you are entering it into a contest because it is absolutely ribbon-worthy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...