Monday 21 October 2019

Baby Butterflies

I was very good this summer and got out several UFO projects to turn into baby quilts. Here is a glimpse of my design wall at the peak of activity:


The blue and white had been packed away as a top for about four years, now it's finished and donated to a charity (Heart Children Ireland). I didn't even take photos of it finished, but I really like it.

The buttefly blocks for a long time were my go-to samples for the curve piecing workshop, the orange one features in the curve-piecing tutorial here on the blog. Now the time has come to put them to good use, so I made them into another baby quilt (just in time for a little baby girl born last week).


I used some of the butterfly fabrics to make an improv curve-pieced border (as the corner blocks have actually also been used for a workshop demo).


 As I like bed quilts to be soft, I did very little quilting, a couple of lines in the wings in matching threads...


... and overall loops with tiny stylised butterflies in white.


(Not sure you can actually see the quilting as everything is so bright and busy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...