Friday 9 September 2016

Little Mermaid iPad Case

A quick little Friday finish - a case for my kids' iPad.

quilted tablet case

I made the EPP appliqué when preparing this post about using freezer paper, so you can see the progress photos there. I love using EPP elements for framing fussy-cut images, it's so much more fun than just a square frame! Besides, this pink fabric when cut to small pieces creates a gem-like effect, which seems appropriate for a little mermaid))

DIY tablet case


I added polyester batting to make the case extra comfy and cosy for the iPad (which is mostly used by the kids, so gets some rough treatment at times). There was no need for quilting, but I though some hand stitches would add a nice touch.

tablet case

DIY tablet case

It also has a detachable strap for carrying around.

DIY tablet case

Linking up to Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts
Off the Wall Friday at Creations by Nina-Marie

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty colors! Hope it keeps that iPad safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea of hexagons for a frame. this is so cute! Beautiful, I have to make a few phone, keyboard case/covers too, so this gives me ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute to every last detail! Thanks for linking to Finished or Not Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...