Friday 31 July 2020

WIP and the Virtual Exhibition Season

I haven't posted anything for some time now, but I have three quilts in different stages of progress in the works now. I am supposed to be quilting the bedroom quilt, but I got carried away with an idea I had while waiting for the threads to arrive. 


I have had this sunset colours fat quarter pack since last year's Black Friday:


It was about a week ago that I had a vision of an Art Deco-style owl in these colours, and I just had to drop everything and draw the pattern and then start piecing. Most of it is already pieced, and I hope to do a separate post on it next week.


Lots of small pieces, but the curves are quite easy.


The main thing I wanted to write about (because I just can't contain my excitement) is the fact that my Mad Tea Party quilt was shortlisted in the Pictorial category in the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham (the competition is virtual this year).


If you want to take a look at all the competition entires, please visit the festival's website - you'll be in for a real treat, 655 quilts they say, and one better than the next. The competition is real feast for the eyes, and they are taking votes for the Visitors' Choice award at the moment. 

Here's to madness of it all:



Another virtual exhibition on at the moment is held by Tomomi at her website. She usually organises the Quilt Marquee at the Tinahely Show and as the event was cancelled, she decided to have a virtual analogue. There is still time to enter a quilt for anybody living in Ireland and the voting starts next week. I sent a couple of quilts in as well, one was my latest finish - Varvara's owl quilt - and the other, I just realised, I had never published on the blog, so that's another post due soon.

So, there's a lot going on at the moment, considering the doubly quiet season! If you know any other virtual quilting events that are on, please share in the comments.

Linking up to:
Off the Wall Friday at Creations by Nina-Marie
Can I Get A Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

1 comment:

  1. The colors for your owl quilt are beautiful. They give an interesting blend of light and shadow. I can't wait to read your post on the quilt. Congratulations for having your Mad Tea Party quilt shortlisted for the Birmingham virtual show. It is an amazing quilt and I'm happy to see it was recognized.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...