Tuesday 22 December 2020

December Cushion of the Month for IPS

 The December instalment of our "Cushion of the Month" project just had to feature Christmas symbols, and although there are many, I picked holly and poinsettia as the whole thing was going in the botanical direction by now.


I plan to make all the samples with Moda Grunge fabrics, and as the holiday edition needed some shine and sparkle I used Moda Grunge metallics for the appliqué; red and green provide the perfect seasonal contrast.


I'm using stylised simplified shapes in Art Deco style, but the addition of berries makes this appliqué a bit more fiddly that the others. I still think they add a lot of interest, but I made a note in the instructions that buttons can be used to represent berries.


The quilting is in angular leaf-like shapes to work with the appliqué.



Previous instalments:
October cushion

Linking up to:

Off the Wall Friday at Creations by Nina-Marie

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty and I like that metallic fabric. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that metallic Grunge fabric is FABULOUS for your poinsettia applique! I love it! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...