Thursday 28 December 2017

Airwaves Completed

I'm glad to report the completion of the free-style aviation-themed lap quilt that I showed started not so long ago.


I really like how fast it came together, even the quilting took just a couple of days. I don't like my "practical" quilts to be densely quilted, I prefer them to have more drape, so I tried to imitate the pieced pattern in the quilting - kind of loose free-form spirals and waves:


And because I had four blocks left over from my 6 by 6 layout, I decided to make it a quillow and used the four blocks for the pillow "cover". It's a bit smallish for the quilt (because it's made of the same blocks it's exactly one third of the quilt width), so when folded it looks  tight.


Anyway, I'm happy with it and I really want to try making other quilts in the same technique.

Linking up to Off the Wall Friday at Creations by Nina-Marie
Can I get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

3 comments:

  1. It's very nice to see it all finished. I like the wavy lines with the spirals. Great idea to make a quillow so that all the blocks will live together forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the patterns make image dance. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That made a lovely quilt. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...