Sunday 16 October 2016

Prized Sunday Stash

It's a very special addition to my stash that I want to share about today - my quilt "Firebird" won the first place in the appliqué category of the Bloggers' Quilt Festival and I got a Fat Quarter Shop certificate which I immediately put to good use. On Friday my parcel arrived (took just a week from the US to Ireland, which is very nice).


Two ten-inch squares packs - Stonehenge Gradations and Bali Crackers in green. Just look at that:



Does it make anybody go green with envy? ;)))


It's impossible to show all the beautiful batiks, they are all different (all 40 of them) and all just gorgeous! I usually am short on greens for my art projects, now I think this issue has been addressed.

There is another gorgeous prize that my fabric pumpkin won (randomly) from the Handmade Halloween link-up hosted by Bernie at Needle and Foot, and it was a pattern by Lorna of Sew Fresh Quilts. My girls chose the Forest Friends pattern and I couldn't but take a break from my current project to try it out. I made two blocks yesterday and they turned out very winterly with the snowy background and snowflakes on the deer's nose.


Aren't they super cute? I haven't yet decided what I'll do with them but they seem very suitable for winter/Christmas decor.

I'm linking up to Sunday Stash at Molli Sparkles
Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Olena: Those beautiful batiks will look amazing in your art quilts and you have no shortage of greens now. I love the pattern your girls chose. Your critters look wonderful against the blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, congrats on your win! Looks like you picked out some beautiful fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I buy stonehenge where ever I see it. Congrats to winning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I'm sure I'm green all over with envy for your beautiful fabrics! Congratulations. What fun you will be having soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I love the Stonehenge fabrics, they are so lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...