Wednesday 12 June 2019

Morning star

It's been a while. It's been such a while that it's actually time to give back the trophy I wrote about two posts ago...
Our little lady has finished her wonderful Daisy Chain quilt and is starting a new one, called Morning Star.


It measures about 8'' and is all machine pieced and quilted (in fact, I think I quilted it too much for the size, I like the effect, but it's now very stiff). The main thing here was playing with colour to make it shine.


So, it's all ready to go to this year's winner and I really hope they like it.

This is the nice thing about IPS James Lawlor Trophy - although the figurine moves on, every winner gets to keep the previous winner's mini quilt forever and ever. Just to remind, this is the beautiful Daisy Chain by Linda Cowley that I get to keep, it's also about 8'' and it has hand appliqué and embroidery as well as mind-bogglingly precise crosshatch quilting.

And this is the bronze quilter when she is not working on a quilt (but planning the next one, apparently):




Linking up to http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/2019/06/silk-painting-101-off-wall-friday.htmlOff the Wall Friday at Creations by Nina-Marie

2 comments:

  1. Both mini's are cute, but I really like the way the center of your star just glows. It's a fun little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I've seen this little statuette. She's wonderful. Congratulations on having been her person for a while!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...