Sunday 26 February 2017

To Boldly Go ...

It's been a busy week, so just a quick update here before I dive headlong into some unknown waters :))

The theme for this year's Hands Across the Border exhibition is "Aurora", and the idea I had for it required searching for other materials than the "normal" quilting cotton. After some deliberation (and some purchases) I chose deep blue velvet for the background and bright netting for the image. I wasn't sure they would behave well in quilting, so I made a small sample to try it out.


It seemed to work well in small scale, so I can only hope it will be ok in large scale as well. I've already glued several dozens stars and basted part of the image to the background, so I'll be starting stitching tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Linking up to Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts

5 comments:

  1. Good luck! I can't wait to see the 'real' project - the sample piece is so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great - can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sample looks good! Looking forward to seeing the "real" thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...