- it's really easy to make - you only need to remember one or two basic stitches you were probably taught by your granny or primary school teacher
- it's super flexible - if you start a pillow case and change your mind, you can make it a mug rug, or a potholder, or just an appliqué element for another q
- it helps you improve your color sense - you can immediately see how fabrics are working (or probably not working) together;
- it's wonderfully thrifty - you can use up your scraps or, if you haven't got any, you can cut up your man's
favoriteold shirt or the dresses your kids have outgrown
- most importantly, it's compact - you can do it on the train, on the playground, waiting in a queue or on those occasions when your family insist that your sewing table is in fact the dining table
In a line, it's F-U-N. And its so much more than your grandmother's flower garden.